About Us

Our Home Inspection Team

Gary DeWitt, CCI

Owner/Inspector 

Gary DeWitt Burbank Home Inspector and Owner

Peggy DeWitt

CFO

Peggy DeWitt  Burbank Inspections Chief Financial Officer

 

Max

Marketing Director

Max Burbank Home Inspector Marketing Director

James

Chief of Security

James Burbank Home Inspection Security Chief

California Licensing or Certification:

First, I'd like to mention briefly a little background about the inspection profession. In California, there is no licensing requirement for home inspection. If anyone represents themselves as "licensed" you should be wary. They probably only have a contractors license.
Second, the term "Certified". Well, certified by who? There are national and state inspection Associations, CREIA (California Real Estate Inspection Association) and ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) that have stringent standards regarding training, testing, experience and ethics. There are also other groups that have lower standards, and require only an online application and a promise to abide by their rules to join. They "Certify" inspectors too.

It's in your best interests to hire a
CREIA or ASHI certified inspector.

My Qualifications

Memberships:

 
Certified member of CREIA - California Real Estate Inspection Association
 
International Association of Electrical Inspectors
 
International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical officials 
 
Burbank Association of Realtors
 
Southland Association of Realtors

Offices:

Secretary - CREIA Mid-Valley Chapter

Inspection Training:

ITA/Kaplan Inspector School

Hundreds of hours of specialty training in these areas:

Commercial Building Inspection from Peter Walker
Registered Hearth Advisor from F.I.R.E.
Building Performance Analyst from BPI
Certified Tile Roof Installer from Tile Roofing Institute
Deck Framing Construction from Simpson Strong Tie
General Framing Construction from Simpson Strong Tie
Structural Engineering Issues in Building Inspection from Massood Gaskari, PE
Natural gas appliances from Joe Zaabadick, Gas Company Trainer
International Code Council Inspector Certification Exam Intensive
Historical Housing Inspection
Many Group and Paralell Inspections with Peter Walker, Steve Garcia, and other renowned inspectors, including residential, multifamily and commercial.

Ongoing Continuing Education:

 
I attend more than the 30 hours of continuing education required by CREIA each year.
 
CREIA continuing education monthly meetings
CREIA annual conference (3 day)
ASHI annual conference (3day) 2016, 2017
IAPMO continuing education monthly meetings
IAEI continuing education monthly meetings
 

About Your Inspector

I have been training most of my life for inspection. My first summer job was in construction, and I have a total of 16 years in the field. Most recently I've been working in renovation, remodeling and custom woodwork.
For 6 years, I managed the Quality Control department of a large printing company. I inspected print proofs down to the tiniest detail. These proofs represented multi-million copy print runs costing millions of dollars. I'm no stranger to responsibility, detailed observation and communicating about errors.
I bring this experience, and the life experience that produces perspective, to every inspection I do. I inspect each and every house with the attitude that this is my family's next home.

 

If you will give me 1% of your confidence, I'll earn the other 99%